to Oasis Church at The Wharf
All are welcome to discover who we are and join us in our goal to glorify God as we serve our community.
The letter to the Church in Philippi is one of the most positive messages of encouragement in the Bible. Paul uses the word joy as an expression of rejoicing no less than 16 times in this little book.
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I will say, rejoice! — Phil 4:4 NKJV
One might think that Paul must have been living in the lap of luxury when writing this letter but instead we find that he was under house arrest, in chains and awaiting judgment with the possibility of a death sentence.
How could he experience such joy while bound in chains? Paul came to have the attitude that the chains that were meant to hold him down were the very things that allowed him to lift up Christ!
…my chains are in Christ; — Phil 1:13 NKJV
In this study, we will learn that we can have joy and how to have joy even in the difficult times and places of life. No matter what the chains are in your life: fear, worry; anxiety; doubt; regret; difficult relationships; physical limitations; etc. we can have joy in the Lord that breaks every chain. Join us as we study what it means and how to have “Unchained Joy.”
- Bible Studies – Click HERE for more information
- Join our e-mail list HERE for the latest news at Oasis Church.
- Picnic Fellowship at Camp Baldwin – Sunday, Sep 24 @ 4:30pm: There will be swimming, games and good food. Bring sides or desserts. We will have hamburgers and hotdogs.
- Celebration of the Lord’s Supper – October 1 @ 10:00am Worship Service
- See our Calendar of Events for the latest in what’s happening at Oasis Church